Pine Tree Wind Project
Owner's Engineering & Construction Management
CLIENT: LOS ANGELES DEPARTMENT OF WATER & POWER
EC earned a contract with the Los Angeles Department of Water & Power to provide professional engineering services to support the 135 MW Pine Tree Wind Project. LADWP awarded IEC with the Owner's Engineering and Construction Management contract to support the entire Project. IEC supported development and finalization of the procurement documents, including the Balance of Plant (BOP) Request for Proposal (RFP), engineering and technical conditions, and the division of responsibility (DOR) document. Upon award of the BOP and Transmission Line contract, IEC's project personnel were then responsible for managing the Plant and Transmission Line Contractors and for ensuring the successful construction of the Project in compliance with schedule, budget, cost, quality, and environmental regulations. The project included construction of access roads, 80 wind turbine foundations, a 34.5 kV electrical collection system, transportation and erection of 80 wind turbines, and a 230 kV transmission line and maintenance facility. This very successful project was completed ahead of schedule and within budget in May 2009, due in part to IEC's ability to proactively address project obstacles and sustain a high level of effort on site.
Pine Tree Wind Project
Los Angeles Department of Water & Power
Construction Management Team:
135 MW (90 1.5 MW GE Wind Turbines)
Jawbone Canyon, California
1. Placing the leveling pad (Rat Slab) for the foundation and setting the conduit in place.
2. Rebar cage ready for the foundation concrete to be poured.
3. 14 rock anchor bolts in place, average depth of 45 feet, grouted in place.
4. Lifting the DTA (Down Tower Assembly-the 'brain') onto the foundation.
5. Lowering the base tower section down over the DTA and lining up the bolts.
6. Lifting the mid tower section onto the base tower section.
7. Next the top goes on and gets torqued into place.
8. Nacelle (generator) is lifted on top of the tower.
9. Hanging the rotor onto the front of the nacelle.
10. One of 90 1.5 MW GE Wind Turbines in operation.
Pine Tree Wind Project at near completion
Copyright ©2021 IEC CORPORATION